Posted: Dec 09, 2019
Excerpt: Complete article on Social Vignerons
1. Think Green: Think the herbal character of a Sauvignon Blanc, with its “sassy boldness” hinting at freshly mowed grass, bell pepper, green apple; or the crisp, floral, brightly herbaceous character of a Pinot Grigio or Pinot Gris
2. Think Protein: If pairing with a fruity red wine, add hardboiled egg, or smoked fish, and cheese
3. Think Links: Add roasted hazelnuts and walnuts, almond slivers, avocados, aged or dry cheeses, anything that links up well with wine
4. Think Technique: Try grilling veggies, such as bell peppers, and let them cool for fifteen minutes before adding them to salad; try mincing and roasting garlic and tossing it into the mix
5. Invest in the Best: In terms of dressing, go with a high-quality balsamic vinaigrette or sherry vinaigrette; instead of vinaigrette, try orange or lemon juice; if you’re making vinaigrette from scratch (recommended) use the highest quality extra-virgin olive oil, because good olive oil is wine’s best friend
6. Exercise Caution: Make sure salad ingredients don’t clash with wine; acidic tomatoes and dressings need high-acid wines, such as a Burgundy Chardonnay; salty ingredients, such as anchovies, need fruity wines, such as a Port, a Riesling, or a fruity Pinot Noir
I can’t stress the bit about acidity enough. Vinegar and citrus-based dressing are so high in acidity, they’ll pretty much kill the wine and make it go flabby on your palette if the wine’s not acidic. An acidic dressing and wine pairing will wash out the acidity, leaving room for the immediate salad flavors.
By Daniel Matthews
January 15, 2016
Go-Wine's mission is to organize food and beverage information and make it universally accessible and beneficial. These are the benefits of sharing your article in Go-Wine.com
Professional consulting to the Food and Beverage industry.www.winebusinessacademy.com
The Wine Thief Bistro & Specialty Wines is a locally owned small business in downtown Frankfort, IL offering world class wines in a relaxed, casual gathering spot for friends and family. Offering world class virtual tastings and touchless carryout.https://www.twtwineclub.com/aboutus
Go-Wine 25 Great Wineries in US selection prioritizes quality, value and availability.www.go-wine.com/great-wineries-in-america
Tasting wine is a nice experience, but visiting the places in which wine is made is a magic moment. Available in New York City for touchless pickup.